Tampa Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer reproductive and breeding services for our guests. Dr. Carla Barstow, MS, DACT, is a board-certified theriogenologist (reproductive specialist) and can help guide pet owners through the some or all of the breeding process. Some reproductive services Tampa Veterinary Hospital offers include:
- Breeding Soundness Examinations
- Progesterone Testing- Same day
- Artificial Insemination
- High-risk pregnancy management
- Gestational Aging via ultrasound
- Pregnancy diagnosis via ultrasound
- Pre-whelping puppy counts via radiographs (X-rays)
- Elective or Emergency C-section
- Pyometra Treatment
- Semen Collection and Analysis
- Genetic Testing
To learn more about Dr. Carla Barstow, you can find her biography here. Dr. Barstow is the only board-certified theriogenologist in the Tampa area.
As time goes on, we will be looking to add other services to include semen freezing, storage and more.